If you are working in Windows Operating System (XP or Vista or 7) and your company provided you the Wi-fi internet access in windows only and you wanted it to configure for your Linux OS (Fedora or Ubuntu, etc), then here are the list of steps
- Download wireless key view software from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html
- Just run the software, it will give the list of Wi-fi stored in your Operating System along with its Key(Hex) and Key (ASCII) (look at the following pic)
- the above picture shows the Type of key, SSID Name, Hexadecimal Key and ASCII Key, You can copy the ASCII Key and Hexadecimal Key
- Go to your Linux OS and click the wireless network, Select the SSID and paste either the ASCII Key or HEX (Key), since the MAC address is the hardware address, the OS in your Computer will accept the key what you got through windows.
- You need not go to your administrator to configure your Wi-Fi access password for Linux (As they will not configure it, because Linux OS reveals the Wifi Access Password )