Earliest Deadline First (EDF) Algorithm
- It is an Optimal dynamic Priority Scheduling Algorithm
- Priorities are assigned based on the absolute deadlines of the task, earlier the deadline, higher the priority.
- It is also called as Deadline Monotonic Scheduling (DM).
- If two tasks have the same deadline, then EDF randomly select one to execute next.
- The Schedulability condition for EDF is
where U is the processor Utilisation Factor and it never be greater than 1.
In practical, no processor will be utilised for more than 100%.