Virtual Sockets and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Tasks or section of Tasks can communicate with another task or section of task
- The tasks may send or receive the stream of bytes or datagram to communicate with each other
- It is similar like IP Address / Port.
- In the above diagram, Task C in the Task Set is communicating with Task D in the Same Task Set
- Similarly, the Section I Portion of Task A is communicating with Section J of Task B.
- When a Task1 at System 1 and Task2 at System 2, then Remote Procedure call is used.
- RPC Will be used only when both the systems are connected peer to peer but not in client server mode