- A Meassage mailbox is an IPC message Block that can be used only by a single destined Task
- The source is the task that sends the message pointer to a created mailbox.
- Example is the Mobile phone LCD Multiline display task in which the time and list of phone number displayed on a single display
- There are three forms of Mailboxes most of the RTOS supports
- 1. One Message per box
- 2. Multiple messages queuing up
- 3. Multiple messages with a priority value (According to the priority values, the insertion happens at the middle and reading or deleting happens at the front of the queue)