The Mediocre teacher tells,
The good teacher explains,
The superior teacher demonstrates,
the great teacher inspires……William Arthur Ward
|Technology Tools for Teachers|
- MS Office (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Libre Office (Its Free and open source)
- WPS Office (Its free, have support of all the MS Office files)
- Prezi (Its a tool for infographics and animations within presentation)
- MS Sway (This is from Microsoft and its a graphic content generation that can make the students learn the subject in a greater depth
- Keynote (for Apple machines). Others also can use through www.icloud.com to generate presentation using keynote.
- Facebook Groups
- Google Groups
- MOODLE (Its complete LMS that have assignments, projects, quizzes, wiki, etc.). If you are individual cannot afford, you may use www.moodlecloud.com
- WordPress (For Blogging)
- Drupal (Its for designing a portal for a list of subjects)
- Joomla(Its also for designing a portal with industry standards)
- Blogger (its a blogging platform, you can record your classmates and other information in a blog, its there infinite, you can refer back to these contents even after 20+ years)
- Youtube (Video Lectures made learning fast)
- Google Apps for education (If you are a school or a college, you may request google to provide the tools for free)
- Camstudio (This also free to use)
- Jing (Its also free, you can take a screenshot image and screenshot video for a duration of 5 minutes and can record in SWF format). Its very handy to use.
- Camtasia (Its a software but with paid subscription). Too costly to use this software.
- Simple Screen Recorder (this is for Linux OS and comes free with open source)
- VokoScreen (this is also linux, Its also free and open source).
- QuickTime Player for Mac OS Machines.
- Skype (only with limited users)
- Google Hangouts (maximum of 15 students )
- Apache Openmeeting (You need to configure this to work for group of students). Its also free to use.
- BigBlueButton with Greenlights (This also need to configured for use). But its free to use
Animation and Cartoon Creation
- Toondoo.com (Its a site to create cartoon using your own characters and world recognised characters)
- goanimate.com (This is to create animated videos with your own dialogues)
- MIT Scratch (This is free and open source, but everything is online to create graphical content.)
Mobile Apps based
- Android Studio for android apps.
- MIT App Inventor 2 for Android Apps.
- Xcode for iOS apps.
- Apple Swift for creating iOS apps