Rate Monotonic Scheduling is the optimal static priority algorithm. Shortly it is referred as RM or RMA or RMS. To solve for the RM schedule, the following are the assumptions.
- All the tasks are assumed to be periodic
- The relative deadline of the tasks are equal to its period.
- No tasks has a non pre-emptible section.
- The cost of preemption is negligible.
- Priorities are assigned based on the periods of the task.
- Lower the period, higher the priority
- As rate is the inverse of the period, higher the rate, higher the priority
- It is a static priority algorithm (priorities are assigned to tasks during their compilation time)
Schedulability Test for RMA
To find the schedulability Test of RM algorithm
- the sufficient condition for schedulability test for RM is
- The necessary and sufficient condition for testing the schedulability test is