Myopic Offline Scheduling is a multiprocessor Scheduling Algorithm
- This algorithm is meant for non preemptive tasks
- Since it is an offline scheduling algorithm, release time, deadline and execution time are known apriori.
- It proceeds like building up a schedule tree
- Every level should be checked for feasibility. If not strongly feasible, then backtrack. If strongly feasible, then proceeds the next level until all the tasks are scheduled.
Heuristics are based on
- Deadline (Di)
- Earliest Start Time
- Laxity (Di-ei)
- weighted sum of any of the above
For example if the heuristics H(i) = Di, then the schedule is carried out based on the tasks with earlier deadline