To Install Tracegraph in Fedora Linux (I used Fedora Core 9)
- Step download the Tracegraph software from this link
- Select Linux Version and download two files, mglinstaller.gz and tracegraph202.tar.gz
- copy the files under /home/pradeep/ (in my case it is /home/pradeep/)
- Untar the tracegraph202.tar.gz using the command tar zxvf tracegraph202.tar.gz
- A Folder tracegraph202/ will be created and go to the folder using the command cd tracegraph202 or cd /home/pradeep/tracegraph202
- copy the mglinstaller.gz file in the above said folder using the following command cp /home/pradeep/mglinstaller.gz /home/pradeep/tracegraph202
- now execute the command to unzip the mglinstaller.gz using the following command gzip -d mglinstaller.gz
- run the mglinstaller by executing the command ./mglinstaller
- the above command will create a folder within the bin folder and set the following lines to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/pradeep/tracegraph202/bin/glnx86
- The above path will be set to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH Variable in the following file .bashrc which will be available at /home/pradeep (each username will have such a file in the corresponding folder, if you are using more number of users, each user should be set with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, root will be having the .bash_profile at /root/.bashrc).
- To open this file type either vi /home/pradeep/.bashrc or gedit /home/pradeep/.bashrc and include the line of code given in step 10.
- Save the file, close and logout and login and go to the tracegraph202 folder and run ./trgraph (thats it!!!!)
- After step 13, some Linux versions will get an error called libXp.so.6 error, to overcome that give this command by connecting your machine to internet yum install libXp.so.6 or else download the package XFree86-libs-4.1.0-50.i386.rpm from the website http://rpm2html.osmirror.nl/redhat-archive/updates/7.1/en/os/i386/XFree86-libs-4.1.0-50.i386.html and then install the package by giving rpm -ivh XFree86-libs-4.1.0-50.i386.rpm and thats it.
(NB: My username in my System is /home/pradeep/, so all the above steps will be working for me, if your system contains other usernames, then please updated that and add to the paths) all the Best!!!!!!!!!
For More Doubts, ping me to firstname.lastname@example.org or just give me a comment